Tuesday 14 December 2010

Addiction Shmadiction


So my friend Jesse Thorson and his drinking buddy Sarah love Dr. Pepper. LOVE. Jesse's tried to quite numerous times to quit, but to no avail. So this time when he announced he'd be hoppin' back on the wagon, I decided I'd give him some moral support and stop eating sweets for a week (come on, Christmas is coming, that's all I can do). I have to say, I pride myself on having a non-addictive personality. I consider myself to be a very sensible and moderate person. That said, this has been the most agonizing 3 days EVER! I take back everything I said about not understanding cravings. I just ate 5 tangerines. For crying out loud.

6 comments:

  1. What's not to LOVE LOVE LOVE about Dr. Pepper? What... I don't have a problem. I just don't have a drinking buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped drinking coke (all caffeine) for two months. 60 days. I counted. It wasn't so much hard as it just chipped away at my will to live.
    I now have a coke zero next to my arm as I type this. Listen, joy is in the small, totally addictive things. Ease up. Have an m&m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture that goes along with this post is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amuse me Kaithlyn. I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you guys coming for dinner on Saturday ? If so, should we have sweets?!

    ReplyDelete