Monday 20 June 2011

Ah, Venice.


Jesse and I spent last week visiting his cousin an hour from Venice. It was one of the most memorable experiences we've had. Venice was more beautiful than I thought it could be. We enjoyed good pizza, water buses, and gelato. Lots of gelato. But I gotta say, the best part of the trip was hanging out with the Lazenbys. What a great family. We got to meet the new baby, Pamela (or Panny cakes), and get to know the older kids better (and fell in love with them). Also, stealing their scooter and driving around the hillsides was pretty dang great. Italy was balmy and the jasmine was in bloom, so the whole place smelled like flowers. Sigh.










Sigh.










Anyway. Back to reality. We also took a drive with the whole family into Slovenia and Austria. It was gorgeous country and interesting to see how the cultures all blend near the borders.
















3 comments:

  1. What a pity, by the looks of your pictures, you went at an awful time - You missed all the rain and replaced it with sunshine. You must be gutted. Never mind. Better luck with Scotland/Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Kathleeny my dear,
    You remind me of Marie Von Trapp in the pic of you and the wee baby. Only you really should be holding the baby in Austria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Venice. It is burn-i-full hot there but I ate gelato like twice a day there. Never gondola'ed anywhere but got lost for a while and it was a great place to be lost.

    Awesome you went. Jealous I wasn't there with you.

    ReplyDelete