Sunday 10 October 2010

The House of Requirement

Someday, we will post the epic saga of our first week here in jolly old England. Until then, enjoy the below photos of our lovely little home.



Street-view. It's a small annex attached to the main house,
which is 'only about a hundred years old,' according to our landlady.




Our sitting room window-wall, as seen from the courtyard.





Cozy sitting room. We fight over that floral chair in the foreground.




Country kitchen, fully equipped,
down to a roasting pan, a rolling pin, and four egg cups.




Wide shot of the whole sherbang.




The Thorsons' room. Yes, that's a writing desk in the corner.
It has little drawers that you need a skeleton key to open.




Spiral staircase up the turret to Sarah's and my chambers.




Dressing room.




Bedroom. Goose-down duvet and pillows. Charming slanty-type ceiling. Window overlooking the gardens.








We like it here.

2 comments:

  1. ok annie, i'm ready for some more posts about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how my picture is me brusing my teeth! it truly does show my love of England. Well I would love it more if the light worked in the bathroom. Hahahaha.

    Really though, I love our little girls dream bedroom, and you're the best roomie ever!

    I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete