Tuesday 19 October 2010

Ode to Animals

Well, it's Tuesday afternoon. After a really inspiring translations class, we are all home and puttering around. Annie's busy making soup for our sick bunnies (remember that book Mom?), Sarah is catching up on her blogs, Jesse is reading. Unfortunately, I brought a cold home from London, and we've all taken turns entertaining it--luckily, there's always been someone healthy to play nurse. It's just so nice to have a relaxing afternoon.


Anyway, I thought I would pay tribute to the many animal friends we have met here. I know, you wouldn't expect the English countryside to be so full of wildlife, right? Well it is. Today as Annie and I were walking home from the little Chilham market, I nearly stepped on a little field mouse! He was about the size of a bouncy ball (I didn't check to se if he bounced) and so cute! After he scampered away, we started walking again and ten feet later, another little mouse friend! Just sitting on the sidewalk looking at our big shoes! So cute. Among our other friends are:


The famous pigs down the road at the cidery~




and their friends the donkeys (whose back fence backs up to Bugsy's)~



Our old pal Bugsy~




Miss Tillie (who stopped by yesterday to show me she'd had been to the hairdresser)~




The sheepies we pass on the way to the bus stop~





1 comment:

  1. Will you please write a children's book about the two english mice that live next to you in paradise?

    ReplyDelete