Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter




It was a great day. The weather was beautiful and it was great to see everyone at church. After church, we relaxed and cooked. Then the Potters came over for Easter dinner! Let's see, we ate and then played on the "jumpoline."






This is how Esther played "crack the egg." I think she done cracked.Dinner was honey-glazed salmon, roasted vegetables, crusty bread, and scalloped potatoes. For "pudding" we had panna cotta with honey, saffron, and figs. We wanted to do a kind of new-testament dinner with loaves and fishes then milk and honey for dessert. A success! I've never made panna cotta before, and I'll do a few things differently next time, but it was yummy.

We loved playing with the kiddoes and talking to Craig and Naomi.






I'm thankful for what allows us to be carefree and happy, and that is the fact that we have a loving Heavenly Father who provided a way for all of us poor dessert-loving, trampoline-bouncing children to come back and tell him all about what a time we had. I'm grateful for our Savior and his perfect example. As I was sitting in church today, I was reminded of how I felt sitting in church as a little girl on Easter: in my pretty Sunday dress, excited to be at church, happy as a clam. Our lives are hard, and so are pews, but that doesn't mean our butts aren't right where they need to be. Yeah, you can quote that.



3 comments:

  1. Kathleeny... I heart you! And I heart the Potters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a brilliant pic of Esther on the jumpoline!

    ReplyDelete