Monday 2 May 2011

The Temple

On Saturday, a few of us from our ward (congregation) spent the day at the temple. The day was a delight.



If you'd like to learn more about what we do in temples, why we build them, or see pictures of the inside, click here.




Jesse and I spent some time in the temple then headed to the cafeteria for some much-needed vittles. We met Sarah, who rode with the Potters, after we went to the visitors center. We all joined a few of our favorite families for a picnic on the grounds. It was so nice to visit and play with the kids. The little girls couldn't get enough of being chased by Jesse.



The temple is a quiet, peaceful place, and being inside is a wonderful feeling. But that peaceful feeling extends so much further than the walls or the grounds. After I go to the temple, I feel like I've just renewed my marriage vows, pointed myself in the right direction once more, become closer to my family, and received guidance in every-day matters. My heart feels lighter, and there's a "quickening of my spirit." I feel gratitude and humility.


A really good day. Just what we needed as we head into crunch time with our papers and start on our theses.


This is a picture I took of a picture in the visitors' center (hence the glare). This is the London Temple Celestial room, which is where many people sit and ponder and pray.






We love the Griggs family. We're trying to convince them to move home with us. We're all suckers for little Samuel.


Glowy Naomi.
The guys got to catch up.


















No comments:

Post a Comment